NC LAP Seeks Counselor/Clinical Coordinator for Piedmont/Central Region
The NC Lawyer Assistance Program (NC LAP) provides confidential assistance to lawyers, judges, and law students who are dealing with substance use disorders and various mental health issues. We are currently seeking a counselor/clinical coordinator based in the Raleigh area (no exceptions), who will support the territory in the Piedmont region and counties south and slightly southwest of Raleigh. The position requires day-time travel throughout the Piedmont/Central region, with occasional overnight travel.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have significant clinical experience in both substance abuse and mental health evaluation and treatment, with licensure in both fields (i.e. LCAS & LPC) (preferably at least five years of experience)
- Have direct experience with and/or good working knowledge of 12 Step Programs
- Be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
- Have the ability and comfort level to work outside the confines of a traditional counseling role
- Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish client rapport quickly
- Be well organized and able to continually “shift gears” and discern the crucial priority amid numerous competing priorities
- Have experience with and be comfortable working with a highly intellectual and professional client base
- Have successful experience with and enjoy facilitating support groups
- Develop and maintain a strong network of providers and referral resources both locally and nationally
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with NC LAP volunteers
- Have the ability to craft or assist with writing articles and providing educational presentations
- Be comfortable working with the discipline counsel of the State Bar, judges, the Board of Law Examiners, various legal counsel, and law firms
The position will begin once a candidate is hired. The position offers full healthcare benefits for employee (family members require full premium payment), a pension/retirement plan, holidays off, mileage and expense reimbursement, costs of all CEUs, trainings, and licensure renewals, liability coverage.
Qualified candidates need only apply. Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to:
Attn: Robynn Moraites
312 Rensselaer Ave, Suite 100
Charlotte, NC 28203
Submissions may be sent by postal mail or to email@example.com, but please note that an introductory email will not suffice as a cover letter for application purposes. Applicants should attach a formal cover letter.