Our Commitment to Web Accessibility
NC LAP has designed, developed, and regularly monitors our website to support functional accessibility and applicable WCAG 2.1 A & AA guidelines. We optimized this website with the assistance of our expert Section 508 and ADA web compliance audit teams which include WCAG experts with disabilities utilizing the following assistive technologies, browsers, and devices:
- Screen readers
- Screen magnifiers
- Speech recognition software
- Keyboard and alternative input devices
- High contrast mode, etc.
- Chrome Version 86.
- Safari Version 14.
- Edge Version 86.
- Firefox Version 82.
Support of WCAG 2.1 POUR Principles
This website supports the W3C WCAG POUR principles, which create the functional accessibility necessary for people with visual, auditory, mobility, and cognitive disabilities to access website content:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive. This means that users must be able to perceive the information being presented (it can’t be invisible to all their senses).
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable. This means that users must be able to operate the interface (the interface cannot require interaction that a user cannot perform).
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable. This means that users must be able to understand the information as well as the operation of the user interface (the content or operation cannot be beyond their understanding).
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies. This means that users must be able to access the content as technologies advance (as technologies and user agents evolve, the content should remain accessible).
Website Accessibility Questions and Accommodation
If you have questions about the accessibility of this website, or require accommodation due to a disability, please contact us for immediate assistance:
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern
Charlotte Office: (704) 503-9695
Raleigh Office: (919) 719-9269
Attn: NC LAP
NC State Bar
217 East Edenton Street
Raleigh, NC 27601